Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place for me to vent and share about my adventures with an bum ankle. Join me as I make the effort to heal and be somehwat normal once again!

Friday, April 2, 2010

Of high heels and pain

With the Easter Holiday fast approaching, we have had a lot of church services to attend this week. When I dress for church - I wear heels. And I don't mean little "Cuban" heels - but I wear HEELS - at minimum 4 (if not 5) inch stilettos.

I love them.

A good high heel makes a woman's legs look absolutely awesome. I have long legs - and the heels give my legs the appearance of even more length. Helps take the focus away from some of my lesser popular qualities.

But as people get to know about my injury and the pain it causes - I get asked the same question over and over...

If it hurts so bad - how can you wear those things?

My answer is always the same....

I have pain in shoes or barefoot....flats, sneakers, heels or whatever. If its going to hurt no matter what - I might as well look good!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Once I have surgery - I know I won't be wearing my heels for a while. :-( Best to enjoy it while I sill can.

No comments:

Post a Comment