Surgery went well - as scheduled on July 17th. I was scheduled for 9 AM and that's when it was and I was home before 1 PM.
I was in a splint for two weeks. No weight bearing for eight weeks. Back to work at 10 days and did the county fair at two weeks. Whew!
After the last time I did this - I knew I had to do something to make my crutches work better for me. Doctor's office wanted me to do the knee-roller thing - but to me, that's a lazy way. I'd rather expend the energy I'm not spending because of the healing process on something that will actually "work" some of my body. So I played around and created this -
They are removable crutch covers designed to make the crutches comfortable, fun, fashionable and FUNCTIONAL. There are pockets to hold things. One hidden at the inside top for cell phone/keys and one outer pocket that is sized to hold a water bottle or other kind of drink, a tablet, book, mail, etc. People have actually been going pretty crazy over them since I've been using them. So much so that they are now Patent Pending. The interest has been so strong that I started a Kickstarter Campaign to raise the funds to complete the formal patent so we can start getting them out to people.
Kickstarter link in the QR code
We're also on Facebook - www.facebook.com/CrutchSleeves and Twitter - www.twitter.com/CrutchSleeves.
I'm excited that this simple little idea has sparked such interest globally. We are trying to partner with the local Children's Hospital as well to get Mini-Sleeves to their patients on crutches - we think the kids will adore them!
So - that's what's up. I'm up to weight bearing (as of three days ago) and it's a slow go - but it's a go.