Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place for me to vent and share about my adventures with an bum ankle. Join me as I make the effort to heal and be somehwat normal once again!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Back home in one piece....

Well, I am back home after a weekend trip. The trip was nice - a bit chillier than I would have preferred - and definitely WETTER - but fun.

The ankle survived the trip. It only caught a few times - but when it did - almost made me cry. Thankfully the students I was chaperoning didn't see.

What was nice, was that after the competition they attended on Saturday, we had free time at the hotel. The hotel had a pool and a hot tub.

Guess where I parked myself and my ankle?

The hot tub/whirlpool.

The water jets were actually too intense for me to rest my foot in front of them at all...but the warm water elsewhere in the tub was good. I would put my foot and ankle in the water for about 10 minutes, and then lift it out and stretch the muscles and more...immerse it....draw circles....immerse it and stretch some more. About two hours of that and my ankle felt almost human.

Too bad on Sunday it caught sharply and reminded me that there was a reason I was having surgery

Today I saw my primary care doc for my pre-surgery EKG, also went for blood draws. I think we are done with all the pre-admission testing for now. At least I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment