Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place for me to vent and share about my adventures with an bum ankle. Join me as I make the effort to heal and be somehwat normal once again!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Busy days

My intention in starting this blog was to do a daily update of how it feels to have an OCD lesion and how it feels to have it fixed. This week has gotten away from me so that I haven't been able to do a daily update. I'll try harder in the days to come....

Monday I saw the surgeon. When I got home, I started calling for the MRI appointment. This was pretty much an exercise in futility. The local hospital where I was supposed to have it done - couldn't get me in for the MRI until the end of June! As I told the appointment setter - I hope to be out of my cast and walking by then.

Tuesday, my youngest daughter had a doctor's appointment. We use the same family practice facility. While she was finishing up her exam, I went to the nurse with my release for surgery from the surgeon's office. Now I had just seen my primary doc the week before for a full physical - so imagine my surprise when the nurse tells me that I need to make ANOTHER appointment, have an EKG and get my blood work done before they will sign off on the surgery! Come home Tuesday and schedule the blood work (which is shortly). Got a call from the surgeon's office with a number to call to change the facility for the MRI. Called and after several calls to facilities - I have an appointment for tomorrow!

Tuesday night, that same youngest daughter cracked her ring finger at winter guard practice, so Wednesday - after my optometrist appointment, I had to take her BACK to the primary doc to be evaluated for a broken finger, then to the hospital for x-rays.

It's been a week so far of run, run, doctor, doctor!

Today is my blood work. Tomorrow is my MRI and a follow-up visit for the daughter.

Pain in my ankle? Of course - and its bad. I'm also periodically now getting pain on the outside of the ankle (the OCD is on the inside) - so this scares me that there is more going on in that joint than we first thought. I'm hoping the MRI would show that....

We'll see.

Now - I'm off to the blood-suckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment