Welcome!

Welcome to my blog. This is a place for me to vent and share about my adventures with an bum ankle. Join me as I make the effort to heal and be somehwat normal once again!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Three Weeks Post-Op

Thursday was three weeks since my surgery. I am still 100% non-weight-bearing. Thankfully, I have not needed pain meds much this past week.

I've had the ankle unwrapped pretty much since my doctor visit last week. Trouble is, with the ankle/foot unwrapped, I can always see its condition (probably my doc's way to make sure I don't try doing anything on or with the ankle). As soon as I stand, the blood apparently rushes to the foot and my toes and foot turn a "lovely" shade of purple and swell up. :-(

I've driven a couple times - but now my car needs a new muffler (and we don't have the money to do that right now) and its very difficult for me to drive my husband's car with this ankle - so I'm totally stuck.

I'm bored to tears.

I'm tired of being invisible to pretty much everyone.

I can't stand having to depend on others for even the simplest things (a glass of water for example....) and to be stuck when they forget that I'm waiting for them to help me......

Its only been three weeks, and I have a bit over three MONTHS left to fully recuperate....I think I will go totally insane before that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment